A trip to Kim's Kitchen Remodel

Tuesday, November 4, 2008


Over at Desire to Inspire blog author Kim Johnson is undergoing her own kitchen remodel. Kim admits "I am a complete kitchen reno virgin and am learning as I go."

Kim is allowing her readers to watch the progress with photos as the job progresses. Demo just begun. Come follow the progress at a special link called Kims Kitchen Remodel. I'll be watching from the peanut gallery.
Come watch with me.

The cabinet line she selected is made by, Green Tea, asian inspired hand-built furniture styled cabinetry from reclaimed woods. Really beautiful pieces. I admire the beautiful unfitted hand worked antique appearance of these cabinets.

Since Kim admits to being a "remodel virgin", I offer this friendly advise to her and others who are new to the experience. Construction, a little like pregnancy, begins with joy and expectation, and almost always ends with joy and satisfaction. There will be a few points in between, however, when you may wonder "Whatever did I get myself into?" Recognizing this in advance may prove helpful in managing emotions.

My gift to you is a mood chart: a graphical representation of the changing moods during a typical design/build remodel project: Post it on your kitchen wall and remind yourself that high's and lows are to be expected, and remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

###

4 comments:

Anonymous,  November 30, 2008  

I'm watching!

Anonymous,  July 27, 2009  

Wow, that sthe first time ive seen a mood chart spanning the overall project. Id imagine there would be a severe dip at the end when the total cost of the fitted kitchen is tallied up..lol

User9827892,  July 27, 2009  

Hi Churchtown Kit Ltd,
More like elation at the end of the project.
Saw your website, nice work. Tell this old Yankee what is the difference between your Designer Kitchens and Inframe?
We call Inframe Inset in the states.
Cheers,
Laurie

Churchtown Kitchens,  August 21, 2009  

Hey Laurie,
Churchtown Kitchens in Ireland again. There can be as many differences as the customer wants. Sometimes they choose to have it handpainted, different colored edging strips around the door inset, mix of woods etc.. Limited only by ones imagination

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
However, I reserve the right to delete comments that are not constructive to the subject at hand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

CPSC Recall Feed

Blog Archive

Shop Kitchen Design Notes

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP