Asking for a discount:: How not to do it.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009



Kelly at KitchenSync posted this first, and she found it at another site. Spreading fast through the internet; I had to revisit this You Tube Video again for grins. Haven't we all been there with clients? There are better ways to negotiate price. This video is a prime example of what not to do.

There are ways to save money so be up front about it. Your service provider will appreciate your honesty if you are up front about your budget and be able to look for ways to save you money. Looking for angles to get a discount after the fact is just bad behavior.

6 comments:

Paul Anater,  June 02, 2009  

I have been laughing at and passing around this video since Kelly ran it on Sunday. It's hilarious and enraging at the same time.

Adrienne @ Susan Palmer Designs,  June 02, 2009  

Too funny! My sister sent this around to my family -- we are all in different fields, but all of us laughed equally!

User9827892,  June 02, 2009  

Yes, truly, funny. I have to watch it every now and then for a laugh.

I now have a new head mannerism to use when asked a truly ridiculous question. Tilt your head slightly to the left with eyes straight ahead. Chin jutting forward just enough to convey the message: "I hear you, but I can't believe what you are asking!"

I can't wait to try it out! Ha, Ha!

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009  

Great Video! It reminds of a friend who got so frustrated with with a shopper that he later exclaimed: "You wouldn't take a steak to a restaurant and ask them to cook it."

User9827892,  June 10, 2009  

So true Ann.
Wendy, imagine that! "We're a $50 million dollar company" and to show you just how full of ourselves we are we want to advertise on your blog for free! The nerve!

Anonymous,  February 28, 2010  

What a great post! I have a client who's doing a remodeling of her first floor, and those HGTV stories about $200,000 kitchens almost made her cancel the whole thing. She was afraid she'd never have enough money. But no one NEEDS to spend that much on a kitchen! Maybe a professional cook who gives classes, but not your typical homeowner...

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
However, I reserve the right to delete comments that are not constructive to the subject at hand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

CPSC Recall Feed

Shop Kitchen Design Notes

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP