A new design app for your phone.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Who knew that phones would be able to do so much? Now you can have a personal design assistant right at your fingertips. Created by interior designer Mark Lewison, Mark On Call™ for the Apple® iPhone and iPod Touch, lets the interior design professional, their clients—and do-it-yourselfers alike—plan, preview and carry out their design visions while staying organized and within budget.
So many convenient apps, I may have to say goodbye to my crackberry.

4 comments:
Wow Laurie, thanks for the heads up. I just bought this one on your recommendation. Again I ask, what's a Blackberry? Hah!
Wah! I still have a year on my contract.
Please do tell how you like your new app.
OK, that does it. I may have to get one of these things myself, if I can figure out how to get it to synch with Outlook, at least.
Wendy
OK, the verdict is in. I bought the darn iPhone, despite not yet being "eligible" for the "upgrade", resulting in the thing costing astronomically more than they advertise it for. I was stuck - my 3rd Razr had given up the ghost in 2 years.
And then I immediately downloaded this app - the one that finally swayed me to go iPhone vs anything else.
Nice idea, but two limitations make it impractical for a professional designer, and indeed, for many others as well.
1. It doesn't do fractional dimensions - whole inches only. Not even half inches.
2. It won't let you do a fully custom room shape, only vary the dimensions and proportions of the several standardized shapes they offer.
Problem 2 should be resolved in their next release, but they have had problems that mean that it is unlikely that there will be fractional dimensions any time soon.
Damn.
But it is way freakin' cool that you can even do this much on a little handheld computer, which is what the iPhone really is.
Post a Comment