Fully Automated Cabinets

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just when I thought I have seen everything, the latest innovations in kitchen automation never ceases to amaze me. Anvil Cabinet and Mill, a long time leading provider of custom cabinetry, recently launched Anvil Motion, the world's first fully automated cabinetry system. For centuries, cabinets have opened with a hinged, swinging motion.


Not so with Anvil Motion’s patent-pending technology, the first system with doors and panels that open on command. Simply wave your hand and cabinet panels and doors rise and fall vertically with precision, concealing or revealing contents. Take a look.





4 comments:

Kelly at Kitchen Sync,  January 07, 2010  

It's a brave idea, but I'm trying to wrap my head around all those mini-door faces and increased depths.

Now if they can cook for me, I'm all over it!

User9827892,  January 07, 2010  

Precisely! Think of it as Haute Couture for cabinets. The trick of this is translating this concept for the masses. I have my doubts about practicality in a power outage or battery failure. "Oh darn...my batteries died and I can't open the door, door, doors to get to the ovens." I actually don't mind seeing appliances in a kitchen.

Unknown,  January 08, 2010  

Why? I don't like it. I can open a cabinet faster than that, why would I want to wait? I would find it irritating! Thats just bizzaro.

User9827892,  January 09, 2010  

Karen has a point. I think people want to move away from ultra high end luxury. While I think an entire kitchen of these cabinets is a bit like the SS Enterprise, I am still trying to find the practicality in this concept.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
However, I reserve the right to delete comments that are not constructive to the subject at hand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

CPSC Recall Feed

Shop Kitchen Design Notes

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP