What is all the talk about Lyptus?

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

You may be hearing talk of a new wood species named Lyptus. Cabinet manufacturers have introduced Lyptus in the recent past. Since that time, it has been well received as a unique and environmentally friendly wood species. Expect a wood species premium fee same as the Cherry wood premium, on average of 12%.

Lyptus is a premium, plantation-grown hardwood from Brazil. It resembles Mahogany with its rich, red coloring and tight grain pattern, however, it will exhibit dramatic color variations. Density and strength of Lyptus is comparable to hard Maple. For consumers interested in “green” design, Lyptus is an excellent option because it is a sustainable product.
It is a hybrid of the Eucalyptus tree and is extremely fast-growing with mature trees ready to harvest in just 15 years. After harvesting, new growth sprouts from the same stump and existing root system, and is ready for harvesting again in about 15 years.

For more information on Lyptus visit Weyerhaeuser.

Lyptus Natural. reddish, Pinkish Tones. Notice the beautiful grain pattern. Lyptus is one of the wood species that looks best when stained a dark color.

Lyptus is gorgeous is dark finishes.




Equally beautiful, Golden tones.

This kitchen has combined light and dark stains together. Great touch to use a rich, dark mahogany stain on the island and the refrigerator panels. The rest of the kitchen is shown in a lighter stain. So beautiful.

7 comments:

Ernest Tufft,  September 15, 2007  

I'm intersted in Lyptus, but I want to learn more. I've heard that the would is like pinkish, but others say it looks like a mahogany. Also, I've heard complaints about variability in color and grain.

User9827892,  September 16, 2007  

Alan, I have included a link in my post to Weyerhaeuser. You can read more on the plantation grown wood.

Courtney,  April 17, 2008  

Hi,

I would like to know the brand of the vanity at the top of this post. I love it.
Thank you.

User9827892,  April 17, 2008  

Hi,
Thanks, I love it too.
The company is Durasupreme.

The web site is Durasupreme.com

Anonymous,  May 03, 2009  

Can you tell me how lyptus does as flooring with radiant heat? I know many hardwoods don't do well with radiant heat. Thanks!

User9827892,  May 03, 2009  

Anonymous asks about radiant heat and lyptus hardwood floors. I don't know if lyptus is an available option for floors at the moment. Anyone in the flooring business may be able to answer better than I can. Radiant heat is most suitable for tile floors.

User9827892,  May 03, 2009  

Checking with a manufacturer's website, Nuheat is only permitted to be installed under laminate/engineered wood floors.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
However, I reserve the right to delete comments that are not constructive to the subject at hand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

CPSC Recall Feed

Shop Kitchen Design Notes

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP