Mrs. Cubbison's Kitchen

Monday, January 28, 2008

"Casa de Mi Sueño" or "My Dream House" was the two story house that Sophie Cubbison helped designed.
Sophie Cubbison, creator of the boxed stuffing that bears her name, appeared on TV shows as a cooking expert from the '50s into the '70s. She and her husband, Harry, lived in Mt. Washington for 16 years.
For the full story, read the November 18,2007 LA Times article,
A Noted Cooks House with all the trimmings."The ironwork and tiles are exceptional; this house has so much character," said current owner Glenn Williams, who with his wife, Kathryn Patitucci, refurbished the home and gardens. "Friends come over and say they want a two-week vacation here."

Take a look at the beautiful photos of "Casa de My Sueño
" for authentic views of Spanish Style details with the exposed wood ceiling, iron work and tiles. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe parts of this house was used in the Diane Keaton Movie, "Because I Said So".

The kitchen where Cubbison once cooked up her creations features Viking appliances,
limestone counter tops and Saltillo floor tiles.
(photo by Jeff Elson), November 14, 2007
Decorative ironwork and a Spanish-stile stairway curve up to the home.
(photo by Jeff Elson) October 9, 2007.

1 comments:

Unknown,  September 29, 2008  

This is so very nice, I wlould love to decorate my kitchen like it.
Gina from Germany

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
However, I reserve the right to delete comments that are not constructive to the subject at hand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

CPSC Recall Feed

Shop Kitchen Design Notes

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP