Beachy Kitchens
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Looking towards fair wheather ahead, here are a few of my favorite beachy kitchens from Coastal Living that inspire spring remodeling.
Photographer Richard Leo Johnson,
Photographer J. Savage Gibson,
Love the color on the wood floor.
Photographer Roger Davies,
What makes this kitchen special is the apothecary chest that divides the kitchen from dining room. The height of the chest serves as a good visual break between the two spaces.




6 comments:
These are great! I live on the beach myself and am always wanting to redo my beach kitchen even though only did it 6 yrs ago! I still love it but these types of pix make me want to gut! Plus first warm day in a while...really makes this a timely post! Here is mine: http://www.indetailkitchenandbath.com/galleries/22-modern-cottage
Cheryl,
Love that kitchen of yours! What is your island counter top material(s), I want it.
Lovely - I need a week at the beach. One of those kitchens would just be perfect ....
Laurie: I have 3 different materals...the big piece is copper...it was inexp at the time but is not really a good ctrtop material...I did it because liked it and knew I could redo later as I just got a big piece and had it wrapped on plywood substrate....not good for food...the other part of island is a 3inch chunk of wenge wood...the rest of the countertops is granite..autumn leaf...but am getting ready to switch out to quartz!
Copper! I knew it had to be and was waiting to hear how 'ya like that mtc. bit. My favorite coffee house, Aroma Cafe in Studio City, CA has it wrapped on their counter and I must say it is drop dead gorgeous and highly maintained. But then they pay those barista helpers to polish it within an inch of their lives everyday. Me, I would gave trouble keeping up with it, but boy do I enjoy looking at it!
Super pictures! White kitchens looks so incredible and fantastic. But most of all I like mixed types of the furniture, it`s modern and not boring. The 1st model is ideal!
Post a Comment