Friday Faucets: Hey, my faucet is named as a finalist!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Delta Pilar





Delta's Pilar, (my) pull-down kitchen faucet with Touch2O technology was named a finalist in the Industrial Design category of the 2010 Edison Best New Product Awards on Feb.11, the 163rd birthday of inventor Thomas Alva Edison. The Pilar uses capacitance technology (touch anywhere) to allow users to start and stop the flow of water with a simple touch or tap anywhere on the spout or handle.

I first wrote about the Delta Pilar in May, '09 and again in November 09, and then again in December '09. I am excited to know "my faucet" has been nominated. So how's it going so far you ask? Great! The touch mechanism is a dream for me. I admit, it took a few days to get used to, similar to learning how to drive a stick shift, I had a few herky-jerky days trying to get used to it. But the first time I had "chicken hands" it was smooth tapping all the way. Here is my routine: When I begin to prepare a meal, I turn the handle to the "on" position and touch it anywhere to turn it off. When I am ready to rinse, all I need to do is touch the faucet anywhere with a slight tap to turn the water on and off just as quickly. The other benefit is the water temperature remains constant where I last positioned the handle.  After experimenting tapping on and off with different body parts, back of hand, pinky finger, wrist, forearm, I found that I prefer tapping with my knuckle. Sensor technology, I can really get used to this! The other happy note on this is my soap dispenser. (If you are a client of mine, you know that I never liked soap dispensers because they are usually junk and the first thing to break in a kitchen.) The Pilar Soap Dispenser has changed my view of soap dispensers. It is as sturdy as it looks. It passed the pump test, no sticking and remains free flowing. 



Congratulations to the engineers and product designers at Delta on your 2010 Edison Best New Product Awards nomination for the Pilar Touch2O . The other nominees in this category are SOLE POWER ROOF TILE, from SRS Energy & MOTOROLA APX™ 7000 FIRST RESPONDER RADIO, from Motorola

The 2010 Edison Awards Ceremony and New Product Showcase will be held at the Capitale in New York City on April 29, 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
However, I reserve the right to delete comments that are not constructive to the subject at hand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

CPSC Recall Feed

Shop Kitchen Design Notes

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP