It's time for Girl Scout Cookie Season!

Monday, February 11, 2008


It's an annual event that has been around since 1936.

Girl Scout cookies are an American Icon, a worthy purchase that goes back into supporting local Girl Scouts in your area.

I look back at my Girl Scout years fondly. There was so much creative spirit and camaraderie in the tasks and events we were involved in. The friendships, the camp outs, will there ever be a better time in a young girl's life?

The girl scout cookie campaign is where I found my competitive edge. Earning my badges was a thrill, the cookie campaign was exciting when I filled out the whole form and needed another page for more orders.

A bit of trivia: Look who else was a Girl Scout:

Sandra Day O'Connor

Madeleine Albright

Laura Bush

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Chelsea Clinton

Tipper Gore

Elizabeth Dole

Gloria Steinem

Ann Landers

Barbara Walters

Star Jones

Jane Pauley

Katie Couric

Candace Bergen

Mary Tyler Moore

Celine Dion

Sheryl Crow

Natalie Merchant

Rebecca Lobo

Venus Williams

Susan Taylor (Essence magazine)

Virginia Edwards (Education Week)


Absolutely count on me for buying a box or three of thin mints, no-the samoas, or maybe the peanut butter patties. Oh what the heck, I'll buy them all! I can give them away as gifts.

All of the proceeds—every penny—from a local council's cookie activities remains in the area where the cookies are sold. This revenue is used to benefit girls, some of it directly by remaining in the Girl Scout troop/group treasury and some of it indirectly by subsidizing the cost of providing the Girl Scout program in the local area.

To buy the Girl scout cookies in your area, go to Girl Scout Cookies
Photo Credit: girlscoutcookies.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
However, I reserve the right to delete comments that are not constructive to the subject at hand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

CPSC Recall Feed

Shop Kitchen Design Notes

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP